We hold our main meetings at Arnold Methodist Church, 1.45-3.45pm on the first Tuesday of the month (doors open 1.15pm). Attendance tends to be high, making for a lively session. There is always an opportunity to meet representatives of our 40+ interest groups and we often have a speaker.
Here’s the line-up for the next few months.
- March 1st AGM -which this year will be held in the Bonington Club (formerly the Labour Club) on High Street.
- April 5th – Speaker Tony Brewer ‘The camera does lie’
- May 3rd – Speaker Malcolm Darroch Arnold Folly: a wonder of the Industrial revolution ( Arnold Hosiery)
- June 7th – Peter Gardner (NGS) Glorious Gardens of Derbyshire
- July – tbc
- August – tbc
- September 6th – Gay Evans Forgotten Women Derby Asylum
- October 4th – Chris Weir ( ex Archives) Bygone Shopping